We are currently installing a newer, faster security lane - please bear with us for the duration of the works. For more information click here.
Use of social media channels positively impacts customer satisfaction
London City Airport’s use of social media as both a customer service and commercial tool has resulted in a loyal customer base that is three times more likely to engage using Twitter and Facebook when compared with other UK and European airports.
The most recent customer satisfaction scores at have been at an all-time high, with a rating of 8.7 out of 10, higher than at any other London-based airport, and London City Airport’s strategic use of social media is seen as an important contributor to this rating.
A continuous and consistent response to customers’ online questions and concerns has resulted in a year on year increase of followers and fans and social media is now a key tool for keeping London City Airport customers informed and up to date with their travel plans.
London City Airport far outranks Heathrow, Gatwick and Stansted when measuring customer engagement through the use of Twitter and Facebook. Looking at Twitter followers per million passengers when comparing London City Airport to Heathrow for example, clearly demonstrates London City Airport’s leadership status:
In addition, London City Airport also took pole position in a recent report published by the Airports Council International (ACI) Europe. The report listed London City Airport as #1 when comparing airport rankings to twitter rankings, beating all other UK competitors as well as European counterparts.
Matthew Hall, Chief Commercial Officer, London City Airport comments: “Social media has transformed the way the Airport communicates and interacts with customers over the past two years and we are delighted to be recognised as the leading European airport in this field. The E-Commerce team work tirelessly to communicate with our passengers through the channels of Twitter and Facebook and I applaud their efforts, which are obviously not going unnoticed.”
London City Airport has also recently launched a useful Twitter tool, allowing tweeters to get instant information regarding the status of their flight.
Exclusively for London City Airport passengers, this innovative feed allows passengers to get real time details regarding their flight, straight to their mobile or computer. Tweeters need only to type in #flight number to get the status of a flight arriving into or departing from London City Airport. As any change to flight time is updated every 60 seconds, passengers can rest assured that they are receiving the most current and up-to-date information.
- @londoncityairport is the official Twitter account for London City Airport
@lcyflightinfo is the official flight status account for London City Airport
- The ACI Europe report is entitled, “Airports 2.0: How European Airports are Embracing Social Media”. The data used is based on ACI Europe member airports which had links to either Facebook or Twitter accounts on the main page of their websites on 19 April 2011. This covered 60 individual social media presences, representing both airports and airport groups, in a range of European countries, but with the UK and Germany particularly represented, closely followed by France and Portugal.
- For more information please see www.aci-europe.org
- @photovince - Got a personal response on my comments to @LondonCityAir - now that's how customer service should use twitter :-)
- @elsie_em - Whoever tweets for @LondonCityAir goes way beyond the call of duty in helpfulness. It's enough to make you never fly from anywhere else.
Public Relations, London City Airport
Tel: 0207 6460132 / 07584 706047