London’s City Airport was treated to an impromptu fashion show as leading British catwalk model, Jade Parfitt, showcased the hottest winter-sun looks for shorthaul travel.
Renowned for modelling for the likes of Vogue, Jade Parfitt brought high fashion to the runway, literally, as she descended the aircraft showcasing stylish look after stylish look, demonstrating to women everywhere that you don’t have to forgo your fashion credentials when travelling abroad for work or leisure. After all, there are some essential items a woman simply cannot be expected to leave at home!
Recent research commissioned by British Airways has revealed that a third of women in the UK re-pack their suitcases a minimum of three times before reaching the airport and spend up to 12 hours planning what to take with them when they go away.
The research also revealed that 50 per cent of women in the UK have been forced to leave items at home due to baggage restrictions with some airlines.
Abigail Comber, head of brands for British Airways, said: “Constant packing and re-packing can cause many arguments and unnecessary stress before finally boarding the plane. Our standard luggage allowance is 23kg with two pieces of hand luggage at no extra cost providing fashion focused women with more outfit options when they travel. After all, who knows what you might get up to on holiday? Women reserve the right to change their mind and their outfits on holiday just as at home.”
Working with style-passport, the online home of fashion and beauty for every holiday destination, British Airways has created a staggering 34 must-have looks that women can recreate when they fly shorthaul with the airline this season.
Sarah Walter, MD & Founder of style-passport, commented: “This collection showcases both designer and essential basics which are totally versatile, offering style solutions to ensure you are prepared for any eventuality no matter when or where you are travelling. The shorthaul looks we have created include key designer pieces from Sophie Hulme, IRO, Mara Hoffman and Anya Hindmarch and trusted basics from Amor Lux, Havainas and Converse, all beautifully modelled by Jade Parfitt.”
Sarah’s top-10 winter sun essentials for your shorthaul trip:
1. Ray ban aviators - just looking at them makes you feel you are escaping
2. BECCA beach tint. For just been on the beach glow before you get there
3. Havaianas - the best flip flops by far
4. As many scarves as you want. After all a scarf is a cover up, a belt, a hair protector, a skirt, a dress( when you know how) a sheet and a sometimes towel too
5. One piece of statement jewellery. Big ear rings, a striking necklace, holidays are about making a statement
6. Carmel. Lips get dry in the sun and wind, you'll need this
7. The perfect bag. Cross body for the airport, adjustable straps ensure it can double as the perfect day time bag. Lots of pockets for organisation too
8. Your best holiday dress. Every woman should have a dress she loves. From beach to nightclub this dress reminds you of the best times of your life
9. Nail varnish. I can tell which holiday I'm on by the colour of my toes
10. The bikini or swimsuit you feel great in. Holiday and swimwear are synonymous. There are no rules just take time to find what gives you confidence.
See Jet Set Fasion in action on YouTube.
Research conducted by One Poll British Airways fly to 75 shorthaul destinations in 34 countries, to book your next holiday go to www.ba.com. Clothes available from www.style-passport.co.uk http://www.style-passport.com is the destination for fashion and beauty