London City Airport is consulting on plans to modernise its flight paths to allow the introduction of Area Navigation (RNAV), as part of the wider London Airspace Management Programme, led by NATS, the UK’s leading provider of air traffic services. For more information, including details of how to respond to the consultation click here.
London City Airport has come second in a global poll of the world’s top 10 favourite scenic airport landings.The survey was conducted by the private jet hire booking network, PrivateFly.com, and follows on from PrivateFly’s own top ten list published last year.
Travel fans and pilots were asked to vote for their most inspirational landings from a suggested shortlist of 28 put together by PrivateFly’s team (or they could nominate an airport outside the shortlist).
The full top 10 is as follows:
1. Barra airport (Scotland, UK)
2. London City Airport (London, UK)
3. Jackson Hole Airport (Wyoming, USA)
4. Aruba Airport (Dutch Caribbean)
5. Malé Airport (Maldives)
6. St Barts Airport (French Caribbean)
7. Queenstown Airport (New Zealand)
8. Gibraltar (British overseas territory)
9. Narvik Airport (Norway)
10. St Maarten (French/Dutch Caribbean