From Kitchen Sink To Mary Poppins: What Kind of Packer Are You?
London City Airport identifies five packing personalities
Would you be proud to show the inside of your suitcase or would you burn up with embarrassment? London City Airport has found that its passengers fall into five packing personalities.
- The Kitchen Sink Packer – Can’t decide what to pack, dreads the thought of being caught without an essential item, so packs everything they could possibly need from earmuffs to an eye bath, even for an overnight trip to Edinburgh.
- The Pants & Polo Packer – A person who knows what they need, plans a staple wardrobe, can manage with half of it and simply packs the bare essentials to ensure their bag will fit in the overhead lockers, saving time at check-in and arrivals. Don’t expect an impulsive outfit change or spare batteries for your camera. A popular style amongst business travellers.
- The My Case or Yours Packer – When families travel together they often start by packing individual cases for each family member but usually end up putting things wherever they’ll fit, then moving them around to balance out the weight allowance. Which case is the travel plug in? The sun cream? Toothbrushes? Your guess is as good as theirs.
- The Last Minute Packer – Mismatched outfits, odd shoes, no swimwear but three woolly jumpers… you get the idea. Perhaps they should have gone straight home to pack instead of going for a pint after work to celebrate the start of their week off.
- The Mary Poppins Packer – Mary Poppins is Practically Perfect in Every Way. She can fit a standard lamp and a talking mirror into a carpet bag. Enough said.
Whichever group you fall into, London City Airport has come up with the concept of Luggage Lifters, (a modern take on the bellboy), and will be trialling them at peak times this summer to take the weight off your shoulders and help make your journey from the car or taxi to the check-in desk as easy as possible.
Declan Collier, Chief Executive of London City Airport explained: “In the summer months our regular business passengers take time off for a holiday and we see more leisure travellers using our services to France, Italy and the Balearics – bringing a lot more luggage than we’re used to! Our passengers’ packer personalities fluctuate wildly from groups of Pants & Polos and Mary Poppinses to a mix of Kitchen Sinkers, My Case or Yours and Last Minute Packers. The bags - and their owners - come in all shapes and sizes, and our Luggage Lifters concept is designed to provide a little extra help, whether you’re carrying a pushchair, surfboard or entire walk-in wardrobe.
“We always advise passengers to check their luggage allowance with their airline in advance so they have plenty of time to pack and avoid additional charges at check-in.”
The Luggage Lifters trial is scheduled for week commencing 22nd July, at peak times on 25th-27th July. Dependent on demand, it will be repeated at key times in August. London City Airport (LCY) is the only London airport situated in London itself, just three miles from Canary Wharf, seven miles from the City and 10 miles from London’s West End and linked to all via the Docklands Light Railway. Catering for over 3 million passengers and 70,000 movements annually, in 2012 LCY celebrated its millionth flight, 36 millionth passenger and 25 years of operation. LCY offers a unique rapid transit proposition – a short check in, door to lounge, and a shorter arrival, tarmac to train. 11 airlines fly out of LCY, serving 47 destinations, eight of which were new for 2012, with six further announced in 2013. The airport has permission to increase its operation to 120,000 movements per annum, which it intends to do by 2023. Further information about the airport please browse our website.
Please contact Charlotte Beeching, External Communications Manager by emailing email@example.com
Get in touch.
For more on media relations.
For enquiries regarding specific flights, routes or aircraft please contact the airline directly.
Corporate Communications Director
Tel: +44 (0)20 7646 0132
External Communications Manager
Tel: +44 (0)20 7646 0132
Out of hours urgent media enquiries only: 07747 103 884 / 07798 708 163
Please note - the press office does not deal with marketing, advertising or sponsorship. Please contact the switchboard on 0207 646 0000/88 and ask for the relevant department.
There’s more to #Ibiza than parties… The old town, beaches and bohemian markets. Book now: http://t.co/xwbJum7TIo
Thanks Emma. We are glad your experience was a pleasurable one.
with more details regarding your booking and experience. They are keen to hear your comments. Thanks (2/2)
Hi Diego, sorry for the late reply. This has been sent to Avis area manager. Could you email us at online@lcy
hi we do have some delays this morning which will improve once the works are complete. Sorry for the inconvenience.
#Antwerp: Enjoy café-filled cobbled lanes, a riverside fortress and a truly impressive cathedral. Read more: http://t.co/t1fm7zbiOW
The sea is #Jersey’s biggest playground. Enjoy activities such as swimming, sailing, surfing or kayaking. Learn more: http://t.co/kocBW2w2Pq
#Deauville’s hippest eatery is newcomer La Cantine. A New York loft-style space with a modern French menu. Read more http://t.co/gIsmBnA2wk
Visit the picturesque #Palma for your summer holiday from just £183 return flights. Book now: http://t.co/BOdLmMG732
Whether it’s your first time or an annual jaunt, #Ibiza will surprise you every time. Book now: http://t.co/giXtSVM7m3
More than just #Spain’s capital, #Madrid is the centre of the country and its national pride. Book now: http://t.co/UwJ723IUnq
thank you for your feedback it will be passed on. Sorry for any delay you experienced this morning.
Visit #Granada this #summer and enjoy the free-tapas culture whilst soaking up the sun. Book flights from £219 here: http://t.co/0ppkw91bqh
We are glad your trip was enjoyable Catherine. We hope to see you again.