The airports CSR team has donated £26k to various local charities so far in 2014.
In the past two months, LCY has engaged with a staggering 600 local school children, offering a range of experiences, including tours of the airport and careers advice sessions.
In March London City Airport recycled 48% of all waste generated on site. The remaining 52% was sent to a waste-to-energy recovery centre making LCY a zero landfill company.
Over 9 and 10 April, LCY brought in 15 journalists from around Europe to tell them the story of the billions of pounds being invested in the Royal Docks by the airport, Excel, the Silvertown Partnership and ABP and of regeneration in East London more widely.
LCY has joined forces with Bloomberg, signing a three year commercial partnership, a first for any airport.
It’s been a busy few months for the CSR team, donating £10k in total to Gallions School
London City Airport (LCY) is an international business in more ways than one, reporting that its workforce is made up of 28 different nationalities.
Newham’s first round of consultation ended on December 18th 2013. After a request for further information from LCY, it is expected a further consultation period will take place in March/April.
GDIF is London’s largest and longest established festival of free outdoor arts.
The Royal Docks Learning Centre’s Spring Fair will take place Saturday 5 April.
Our flagship employment programme, Take off into Work was delivered, by London City Airport and the East London Business Alliance, five times during 2013.
Here are some of the Christmas events that LCY was involved in this year:
This season, Stratford Circus is offering a Christmas Combo where, if you buy tickets for both of its shows ‘Michael Rosen’s – We’re Going on a Bear Hunt’ and ‘Mr and Mrs Moon’ tickets are only £6 for each.
Plans for Oasis Academy Silvertown, the new secondary Free School opening south of the Royal Docks in September next year continue to take shape. The Principal Designate, Charles Claxton, will take up his position on January 1st and he will be based at Britannia Village Hall, Evelyn Road, Silvertown, between January and August.
An event was held recently to launch the release of the airport’s report ‘Transforming East London Together’ which looks back on all that LCY has achieved in 26 years as a champion for east London and sets out why they firmly believe that London is moving east.
2013 has been a busy year for the airports community team, below are some of the things that we have achieved:
After the successful LCY staff cycle challenge to Amsterdam, which raised over £25,000 for local charity Richard House Children’s Hospice, the destination for the 2014 challenge has been announced!
London City Airport recently sponsored The Royal Docks Learning and Activity Centre, a community organisation in North Woolwich, Newham, £1,500 towards a shopping initiative.
The airport recently sponsored local organisation Community Links, £775 for their annual residential trip for local children.
After the success of London City Airport’s cycle challenge to Amsterdam raising over £25,000 for Richard House Children’s Hospice, the airport plans to hold another staff cycle ride in summer 2014.
In addition to the airport’s main twitter page @londoncityair, a new page will be opening dedicated to the work of LCY’s Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) team.
As evenings get darker earlier it’s a great time to see the bright lights of London appear in the skyline from the Emirates Air Line.
To mark its 10th anniversary the Museum of London Docklands has brought together the work of 12 artists.
Oasis Community Learning has recently announced the appointment of Charles Claxton to the post of Principal Designate at Oasis Academy Silvertown.
Gallions Reach Shopping Park Beckton celebrate their 10th Birthday this October with a fun filled Birthday Shoptacular event on 26th October from 12-5pm with free fashion shows, great offers and discounts and free family entertainment!
Three female students from East London are to receive a helping hand with their university studies, thanks to London City Airport.
Gadget Man presenter, Richard Ayoade, along with celebrity guest, Noel Fielding, recently filmed an episode of the show here at LCY.
The Airport has recently submitted a planning application for the City Airport Development Programme (CADP) to Newham Council.